Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ingredients of liquid used to keep diamond saw blades cool while cutting gemstones or glass beads?

its an add water mix and gets mouldy after a week or so,it also has a soapy(liquid) feel to it leading me to thing it may be glyceren.i buy this stuff and add water to it to cut glass beads on a diamond saw to keep it running cool,and to add life to the diamond wet saw blade.how can i make it myself?Ingredients of liquid used to keep diamond saw blades cool while cutting gemstones or glass beads?
I use Crystal Cut with my diamond saws. It is a water additive that is a rust inhibitor and should be used with diamond wheels and trip saws





You only need to mix 1 ounce of this to a gallon of water--a lot of bang for the buck. I buy 5 pounds of it for about $23.00, or 80 gallons worth at about 29-cents a gallon.





To skimp on this type of product in your lapidary workshop is to be penny-wise and pound-foolish. If you use water alone your equipment will rust out quickly and will be expensive to replace.





I've never found it to get ';mouldy'; or cloudy and I've had jugs of it sitting around for several weeks. If you are using a different brand, you may want to consider switching. Any reputable lapidary supply such as Kingsley North should be able to provide it for you.Ingredients of liquid used to keep diamond saw blades cool while cutting gemstones or glass beads?
I thought it was water?
If you give us the brand name / product name, it might be easier for us to google for the answer for you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment